



North Eastern Pennsylvania Intergroup

www.nepaig.org

General Forum Meeting Minutes

February 11th, 2025

IGR Meeting February 11th, 2025

Call to Order @ 7:00p

Open with Serenity Prayer

Readings

Preamble – Matt

Declaration of Unity – Steve

Tradition 2 – George

Announcements

Seventh Annual Keystone Conference:

May 16th – 17th

St. Nicholas Church

226 S. Washington St., Wilkes-Barre, PA

Cost - \$20 Per Person

Virtual NERAASA(Northeast Regional AA Service Assembly)

February 21st – 23rd

Cost - \$35 Per Person

Hosted by: Southern New Jersey Area 45

H2H Dance

April 12th 6:00 pm – 11:00pm

Holiday Inn - East Mountain

600 Wildflower Drive, Wilkes-Barre, PA

Cost - \$40 Per Person

District 40 Roller Skating Party

Marth 27th 6:00pm-9:00pm

SKATEAWAY

610 Blackman St. Wilke-Barre, PA

Cost = \$10 for adults, \$7 for Children(under 12)

IGR Celebrants

Sam – 3 Years
Michelle – 1 Year
Matt – 3 Years
Mandy – 6 Years
Tom – 20 Years

Group Celebrations

None

IGR Board Celebrants

Austin – 6 Years
Mary – 2 Years

Last Month's Meeting Minutes

Motion to Accept Last Month's Meeting Minutes – Passed

Chairperson's Reports

Chairperson – Dave A.

Last Month met with several of the Intergroup committees

Public Information: Had about a dozen members attend

Central Office: Met with Charlie and several others of the meeting Exchange he would like to get started. We discussed service work and happy to see people involved and it has been lacking for several years. There are lots of opportunities for service if you would like to get involved.

NERAASA: Registered to attend for 21st – 23rd. It's an online event. We will report on it next month

SEPIA Area Share A Day – Apologies, unable to attend, got the dates mixed up, thought it was Sunday but it was Saturday.

District 53 Meeting: Attended the district meeting, D53 is working on PI, they have structure committee and setting up guidelines.

Secretary - Vacant
Unity – Vacant

Questions:

Caleb: What is Area Share a Day

Dave: I will defer to Shawn and our area 59 alternate delegate to answer that in their report.

Motion to Accept Chairperson's report - Passed

Vice Chair - Shawn A.

Area Share A Day:

October 11th 11:00AM – 3:00PM

Waymart Church

596 Honesdale Rd, Waymart, PA 18472

Worked with our Area delegate to get the date, Church holds 300 in auditorium, 84 in cafeteria. Will have flyer at the next forum meeting. We chose Waymart church because district 52(Carbondale/Honesdale Ares) is a dark district, meaning no AA General Service structure. We would like some volunteers to distribute flyers in that Area

Introduces Alex N – Area 59 Alternate Delegate and Intergroup Liaison

Northeastern PA intergroup is unique in that it covers a large area. Area Share Day is when Area 59, our General Service structure, and Intergroup, our leg of service that executes the 12th step work, come together to talk about the similarities and differences from GSO, and Intergroup. What do we do that's the same, where do we differ. It's something NEPA Intergroup and Area 59 haven't done in a very long time. We would like to have the IGRS, the Executive Committee and DCMS from Area 59 come together to plan the event. For a group to have both IGR and GSR is spectacular, some groups have an IGR or GSR or neither. It allows us to bring harmony rather than discord which is the purpose of Share a Day. I am also Intergroup Liaison feel free to reach out to with any questions about the effectiveness of the literature.

A planning committee will be held virtually, more information will be provided soon.

Questions:

None

Motion to Accept Vice Chairperson's report – Passed

Secretary - Vacant

No Report

Treasurer – Christine S.

Report on finances is on the back table, There was issue with IGY6 will get with IGR after the meeting.

Everything else is up to date

All the bills are paid.

Bank account balance is 5315.41

Intergroup is in the process of ordering more coins and books

The grapevine order had an issue we are resolving

Prudent Reserve is about \$9300

Questions:

None

Motion to Accept Treasurer's report – Passed

District Liaison Reports

District 39:

Ken – Thanks to District 53 for allowing to attend district meeting. Thanks to the PI Committee(Mary) for attending the district meeting and helping to get our GSRs involved.

Booker exchange committee meetings are being held and this is what we are working on

District 40:

Maureen – Plans to Attend NERAASA with Erin
Alcathons for Memorial Day and July 4th are on. More information soon.

District 49:

Michelle- Area Unity Breakfast April 5th \$15 per person
Newsletter Committee(Bob) and Bridging the Gap Committee(Bailey) chairs are coming to speak at the District meeting next week

District 52:

Absent

District 53:

Paul –Fellowship meeting is Saturday, February 14th PNC Grill 3rd

District Workshop: “Design for Living”

Aug 16th 10:00 AM to 2:00PM

Meshoppen Community Church

128 Church St, Meshoppen, PA 18630

Thanks to District 39 for attending our district meeting.

District 59:

Absent

District 62:

Joel –Planning stages of workshop more to come.

Committees Reports

Activities - Mo

H2H Dance:

Flyers in the back

Would like to thank Brittney for making the flyer and Christine for making the tickets

April 12th @ Holiday Inn

600 Wildflower Drive At Route 115, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702 US

Need a speaker and Baskets for basket raffle

The activities committee could use volunteers

Questions:

Brian: Whats does H2H stand for?

Moe: Hazleton to Honesdale

Caleb: There is no activities information on the committee sheets

Dave: Apologies we will fix that

Moe: Phone: 570-436-8432

Dave: Is today the last time we can buy tickets?

Christine: April 8th last day to purchase tickets, final count is due April 9th

Dave: We will have the flyer posted on the website and have more next meeting.

Archives – Austin

Nothing new to report.

Would like to collect contribution to redecorate the Archives room.

Questions about the history of your home group contact me and we will provide any information we have.

If you have any historical AA Items or for your homegroup please submit them to the central office.

Questions:

None

Central Office - Charlie O.

Coins: Cost went up, will not charge more at the store.

Plain Language big book in stock.

Hard cover Big Book in stock

Soft Cover Big Book will be in stock this week

There was delay due to the Plain Language Big Books so the AA store was backed up, but should be good going forward.

Language of the Heart will be in stock next weekend, missed picking up the order and Grapevine does not reship orders, so had to reorder it.

12th Step Caller List:

Brittney made a flyer to help drive up interest. We need more volunteers for that list.

Meeting List: Updated and printed new version, less page numbers and different format from the original.

Booker Exchange Committee:

Looking for volunteers, for that committee

Committee meeting last Sunday of the month(February 23rd) at 3:00 Pm at the NEPAIG central office

Plan to make it like a fellowship meeting.

AA Store:

Looking into POS for the office to take credit cards

Questions:

Ron: Is the cost of the meeting list fixed?

Charlie: First 10 are free, tonight I only have 5 per group tonight. After the first 10 per group, they are \$1.00 each and can be purchased at the central office.

Unknown: Will you be bringing the meeting lists here, or do we have to go to the store to buy them?

Charlie: They will be at the store, but I will bring some each month. There won't be as many brought here in the coming months

Dave: Under new business from the minutes last month the price will be adjusted based on demand and cost.

Ron: What was the cost to get them printed:

Charlie: \$0.88

Finance – Dave Y.

We have a committee meeting this week.

Gathering budgets from the NEPA Intergroup Committee chairs

The Treasurer(Christine) and Central Office(Charlie) could use some help on the budget, so if you have any experience with QuickBooks. There is a lot of work for 1 person to do.

Anyone is welcome to help though.

We intend to do forecasting once we have all the data.

Questions:

Joe: As far as approval on checks/expenditures, does anything go through the Finance committee

Dave: No

Hotline – PJ W.

Not Present

Website – Kim T.

Placed a flyer in the back containing information about meeting updates and text blasts.

Any recommendations or changes you would like to see on the website to see please contact me

Questions:

Gwen: How are things coming with the Sobriety Rocks group on the blue chair app.

Kim: Still having issues with Sobriety Rocks, I tried several ways, registered our website with GSO, and have deleted and added several times.

Caleb: Submitted a meeting, there was no step meeting available in the meeting format.

Kim: Please text that to me and I will get it added

Sarah: Tried twice to get into events, and it came up page not found, I had to type it

in to get to it.

Kim: I will look into it.

Shawn: There are a lot of meetings in our intergroup, the fastest way to get a meeting updated is to submit the form on the website. Calling or sending an email create a longer trail, and sometimes things get missed.

Corrections – Glenn.

Still learning, it is most likely be a learning experience the entire time, I am mostly familiar with Wayne County, we have had the meetings grow in Wayne county.

Looking into getting literature into the more stubborn jails in our area. Working with corrections contacts to help get things into these facilities.

Questions:

None

Institutions – Jeremiah

Checked in all the facilities this month.

Huntington Creek: New contact for the facility and it's been updated on the commitment cards

Serenity Mountain: Plans to purchase books through central office which will be cheaper.

Salvation Army: Male only commitment going forward.

Avenues: Ian said there was a lot of no call/ no shows in January.

Casey House: two no call/ no shows in January.

Huntington Creek: two no call/ no shows in January.

Clear Vision: Dan called and said anyone doing that commitment has to call him 24 hours prior, added to the commitment cards

Resurrection House: Talked with Cassie, everything is going well

Mountains Edge: New contact is Shane and is added to the commitment cards

Marworth: Ginger called and stated that there are some policies that need to be adhered to when doing the commitment, They had to ban 2 individuals. Please keep the war stories and drunkalogues to a minimum and talk about recovery.

Clearbrook: Jason stated everyone going there is doing a great job.

Pyramid: Doing away with female commitments soon, changed the cards to separate a male and female one, still at the same time for each commitment.

Beyond Addiction: Reached out to them about doing a female commitment, to replace the commitment at Pyramid. Friday at 7 in Carbondale but moving to Tunkhannock on March 3rd. Women's Facility, Men or women can speak there. We can start March 7th we will pass them out tonight.

There have been a lot of no call/no shows, please contact me if you can't make the commitment. My number is on the back of all the cards. Please keep the war stories and drunkalogues to a minimum and talk about recovery for all commitments.

Had some issues with the format of these cards, it's been resolved.

When you go to commitments, there are bridging the gap packets, please pitch the program prior to speaking, it can help members transition to AA smoothly after they are released.

New committee member Natasha.

Questions:

Jeremiah: I would like to put together the binders of standard AA format for the facilities. About \$3 per binder. Is there any feedback on that?

Unknown: We do that for H&I group for the same reason, we put in meeting lists as well for the jails and rehabs

Jeremiah: That's a good idea, I was also thinking of putting the Bridging the Gap information in the binders as well.

Jeremiah: I'm worried because it is an outside organization but would only cost Intergroup a couple dollars, and it will help in carrying the message

Unknown: Are these commitments for the whole month.

Jeremiah: Each commitment has their own date, some are the whole month.

Unknown: Do you have list of those who skipped out, I would like to know if my group missed any

Jeremiah: You could email me, just let your group members know they can call me and I will make sure it gets filled. I have a list of people willing to cover.

Joe: The Tunkhannock meeting starts when?

Jeremiah: Beyond Addiction will start March 7th and its Friday nights at 7:00pm

Ron: What was the institution that doesn't want drunkalogues?

Jeremiah: Marworth

Dave: To be clear none of the institutions want drunkalogues

Public Information – Mary P

We had a Public Information committee meeting this week and it went well.

Mandy stood to be part of the committee as co-chair.

Plan is to go as closely to guidelines for PI from GSO

This month is going to be mostly administrative to get things together.

We are always open to new volunteers for the Public Information Committee

Questions:

Sam: When is your committee meeting

Mary: We are not going to have one this month, please give me your contact info I feel we should have one towards the end of march. My email is on the NEPAIG website.

Joe: Are you coming to our district 53 meeting next month?

Mary: Yes, is it March 6th

Joe: Yes 6:30 PM

Newsletter – Bob P.

Next Newsletter will be March 2025

Revised the newsletter and got a bit more material for the newsletter so keep them coming.

Questions:

None

Unity – vacant

No Report

Bridging the Gap – Bailey S.

Went through the list and emailed all the volunteers from the Bridging the Gap list. Please go back to your home groups and let them know if they did not respond to the email, they have been removed from the volunteer list.

There are 2 baskets in the back for Bridging the Gap, one for volunteers from AA and the other to take on commitments. Please take them to your home group. The materials contain QR codes that allow you to sign up online. I will also stay after the meeting if you have any questions about Bridging the Gap or would like to sign up.

Looking forward to speaking at the district 49 meeting on Friday.

Have been attending other meetings and speaking about Bridging the Gap to help gain support and volunteers. The program is very short on men in the program.

If you would like to be on the committee see me after the meeting

Questions:

None

Old Business

Angela: We discussed last month the cost of sending text blasts, has there been a solution to help lower the cost? This was a concern at our home group His Will Group

Dave: We discussed this at our board meeting last week, we are continuing to look at other

options however we have discovered that most are roughly the same price. We also discovered that December/January tends to have a high volume of text blasts due to holiday scheduling changes, weather, and marathon/alcathon meetings. It appears that our current software is pretty cost effective.

Dave: Regarding meeting lists discussed last month, ten per group and \$1.00 apiece after that. We will continue to review the cost and see how it goes.

New Business

Open Positions(Secretary and Unity)

Secretary: *No IGRs stand for Secretary*

Dave: Soon, I will ask the Vice Chair(Shawn) to stop typing and printing meeting minutes.

Unity: *Johnny B stands for Unity Chair unopposed*

Motion to Accept Johnny as Unity Committee Chair– Passed

Volunteer to make Coffee:

Tommy

Closing

Close with the Responsibility statement.